Candiace Goes to Egypt

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Inside my place!

Alright! Now, for the tour! We start in my bedroom, which is most definitely the 'childrens room' in the apartment. It has three beds, and HUGE windows. I picked the room because it had huge windows.. I thought the sun would look mighty fine coming through them.

You'll notice everything used, used, used. Furnished apartments do not come with newly bought, only-for-renters-furniture. All of it is used by the landlord or his family.. and then when they had enough of it, recycled into our apt.


So, this is the bathroom that I loathe. The shower doesn't work and the sink takes foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to drain. Hahah. I wash my hair every two or three days in that sink. I also transfer hot water from the sink to the tub so I can take a bath. Oh, baths! How I love thee!!


The door leading out to the clothes line.


These are my clothes hanging out on the line. It was midnight when I took this picture, so you can't really see the building that would normally be in the background. Those are A.'s clothes.

We have to hang the unmentionables to dry in the living room. Lmao.


The left door is my room and the right is the bathroom. That table was carried in my A. & me so we could heat that tiny room with our baby heater when it gets cold. Did I mention it was winter here?


Pfft. This kitchen is smaller than my closets at home. WHY?! If this is supposed to be a family apartment, why can the kitchen fit only ONE person at a time?~!?

Oh yeah.... only one person would be in there... >_<

A. and I are afraid of the cupboards, so we leave everything on the counter.

Same little room again. On the left is the kitchen, and through the right sliding door is the the living room/dining room/sun room/another room that we tragically NEVER go into.


Our living room. Weird decorations, eh? We think it's funny. hehe.


Notice how the curtain goes across the entire wall. ../?


This is the nicest part of the apartment. Here you can see the surrounding windows for what I call the sun room and the sitting room. Yes, the chair on the left is where we dry our unmentionables.


Here is the ridiculously long dining room table we never sit at. Most of our friends are boys here - and they aren't allowed over - so we have never entertained any guests. This entire area would be great for parties.


And finally, we arrive looking at the front door.



Visit sometime, perhaps?


Love,
Candiace

6 Comments:

Blogger Skew said...

your place looks spectacular!
i want a big room in which to entertain people >,<

February 21, 2008 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Love, your place is very photogenic! It looks great in pictures! I hope your warm and comfortable. The kitchen looks nice? : ) Love you much!!

February 23, 2008 at 10:58 PM  
Blogger beanne said...

Cool place C, unmentionables LOL!
Love Jeanne

February 24, 2008 at 5:09 AM  
Blogger Cherrie said...

I really enjoyed the tour…it looks like you are very comfortable in your Egyptian house. I really liked the décor. I wish I could visit Love you.

February 25, 2008 at 7:26 AM  
Blogger Savanna said...

Love the place candie.

March 14, 2008 at 12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the place candie.

March 14, 2008 at 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home