Candiace Goes to Egypt

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The outside of my place!

Walking up to my building from school:



They would say I'm on the third floor because they don't count the first floor.. but really, I'm on the fourth floor:



Looking outside my window to the right:




Looking outside my window to the left:


All of my lovely pictures that keep me going in rough times!:



My apartment is pretty nice. The only problem, and it's a big one, is that the shower doesn't work properly. The hot water lasts for a long time in the bathroom and kitchen sink...... but not in the shower! WHY?! I'm talking about less than a minute.... Lol.


Our landlord is very kind and his wife kisses me once on each cheek when I come over. We have a doorman who can get us vegetables in the morning, and who we call if we need anything. He speaks absolutely no English, so when we're having trouble he gets the landlord's son who translates for us.


Hilarious stuff. I think the landlord's son gets high because when he comes over his eyes are blood shot and he won't stop giggling. I think he is around 16 yrs old, although he might be younger. Apparently, people really smoke it up here... I saw a car with a marajuana sticker on the window... Lmao!

I should have the internet at my place within the next week or two. It is SO HARD to get on the internet, even though there is an internet cafe right by my school! Ever since the internet went down in the Middle East over a week ago things have been slowwww going. Maybe someday I can post with frequency!!


Tomorrow:
-Go to American Embassy
-Study
-Wash all white clothes & hang to dry


Friday:
-Study
-Put clothes up


Saturday:
-Take my FIRST EXAM!!! Ahhh!


I'll let you now how it goes!!


Peace,
Candiace

3 Comments:

Blogger Ahmed Al-Sabbagh said...

wow

i like your blog

February 13, 2008 at 9:27 PM  
Blogger Megan Trotter said...

Thanks for the tour of your place! It looks really comfortable. Good luck on your first exam! You'll do a great job!

February 15, 2008 at 5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CANDIACE!!! I found you! This is Phoebe :)
That is SO INSANE that you are in egypt! What made you decide to pick it for your studying abroad???
I am going to check your blog frequently and see all that you are up to!
I like your apartment, it looks super cozy! How long are you there? You are going to have such crazy adventures please keep me and everyone else updated!!!

February 24, 2008 at 5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home