Candiace Goes to Egypt

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Up to date!

Hasanan, hasanan! I must apologize to my mother for not posting for such a long time! I still don't have an internet connection at my place, so getting online is such a hassle.

Layset Mooshkela!

Home life has been just amazing since I've gotten my 3rd roommate. We already ate wonderful food, but when S. came, it went up a notch. I'm not losing the weight I thought I would - the food is so delicious!

Within the last two weeks I've:

-visited Mosques that were over 1,000 years old!
-visited an Ottoman home with 115 bedrooms made 500 years ago
-made an Egyptian girl friend!! WOOOHHHH!!!
-stepped over 1,000 year old whale bones seven times for a 'good husband.' (HAHAHAHA)
-saw a traditional Egyptian band called El Tanbura and DANCED with them
-had Egyptian alcohol. (tsk, tsk Candiace!)
-got my eyebrows THREADED for the first time in my life!


Tonight I'm going to the AUC campus to attend a concert by an Iraqi drummer. She is supposed to be AMAZING... I'm really excited.

Also, I should start working in an NGO very soon, hopefully working with AIDS awareness in my neighborhood.

I might be moving from Medinat Nasr! I'll let you know how my apartment search is going in a couple of weeks...

FYI - My birthday is coming up on April 6th!! I'll be turning 22. Wow, eh? It might be shameless to say it, but I would love it if any of you sent me money for my birthday so I could go visit Luxor. I'll send more info out later.. a trip to Luxor would be amazing to say the least!!

Alright (Hasanan), I have to get ready to go Downtown.

Wish me luck! I'll post pictures sometime soon, I promise!


Much love,
Candiace

1 Comments:

Blogger أحمد منتصر said...

(ahsanty) i love blogging every day

:)

March 24, 2008 at 6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home